Blackheads form when oil, dead skin, and bacteria get trapped in your pores. They can appear on your face, and sometimes in your ears. To get rid of blackheads in your ears, you can apply professional treatments and natural remedies. You can also prevent more blackheads from popping up in your ears in the future.
Use a cleanser with glycolic acid. Glycolic acid is a chemical that can help to push out blackheads and tighten your pores. Tilt your ear to the side, and apply a cleanser that contains glycolic acid on your ears using a cotton ball. Carefully rub your ears with the cotton ball, focusing on the area with the blackheads. Let it sit for 10 seconds.
- Some solutions may recommend longer wait times. Follow the directions of your doctor or package.
- Do not apply any of the glycolic acid to your inner ear, just your outer ear.
- Use a clean, wet cotton ball to rinse off the glycolic acid. Be careful not to let the water into your ear. Repeat one to two times a day.
- After one week of use, you should notice the blackheads fade away. Your skin should also feel much tighter and clearer.
Remove blackheads with salicylic acid. Salicylic acid can help exfoliate the blackheads and get rid of them. Dab a small amount of cleanser that contains salicylic acid on a cotton ball. Then, tilt your ear towards the ground before applying the salicylic acid to your blackheads. Let it sit for the directed amount of time on the label.
- Never apply any of the salicylic acid to your inner ear, just the skin of your outer ear.
- Rinse off the salicylic acid with a clean, wet cotton ball without getting water in your ear. Repeat one to two times a day.
- You should notice the blackheads fade away after one to two weeks of use.
Dab a clay mask onto your ears. Clay masks are a good way to pull the dirt and bacteria out of your pores, removing the blackhead. Dab a small amount of the clay mask onto any areas with a blackhead. Let it sit for five to ten minutes, or follow the directions on the label. Then, wash it off with warm water.
- Do not apply the clay mask to your inner ear, only to your outer ear.
- You can apply the mask once a day to help remove the blackheads.
Source: Wikihow https://www.wikihow.com/Get-Blackheads-Out-of-Your-Ear
Co-authored by Sarah Gehrke, RN
“THIS VIDEO MAY CONTAIN DERMATOLOGIC SURGICAL AND/OR PROCEDURAL CONTENT. THE CONTENT SEEN IN THIS VIDEO IS PROVIDED ONLY FOR MEDICAL EDUCATION PURPOSES AND IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT.“